Monday, December 2, 2013

It's been a while.

I know nobody probably reads this blog, but I still find myself drawn back to it at times. Like now, for instance, when I'm home all alone and thinking. Well, not completely alone; my 3 1/2 week old daughter, my cat, Jonathan's cat and dog are here too. But I'm mostly talking to myself today.

I've been thinking how much can change in just over a year. My last blog post was from last October, and in it I was talking about a song and what it has come to mean to me. Also, how I'm making my life be what I want it to be and still learning who I am and what I want. Well, I've learned a little more of what I want and I've also learned that sometimes life happens. By that, I mean that I wasn't ready for or trying to have a baby, but I've got one. Yes, we were taking precautions, but like I said, life happens. And now I have my dear San to raise and teach and love. Always to love.

The past few weeks have been very educational. Newborns cry, sometimes for no reason at all. They also poop. A lot. They like to eat when they decide it's time and to hell with any sort of schedule. First time moms like me can get overwhelmed really easy. Babies take a lot of energy and time. I'm glad that I didn't wind up with a baby any sooner. Sure, I would rather have waited, but life happens. Soon enough, I'll be Mrs. Jonathan Cooke, but for now I'm just glad I don't have to do this alone. Anyway, that's all for now.


- Lynda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment